ILTS Vanguard Research Grant sponsored by Natera
- Vanguard Research Grant (Early-Career)
- 2023 for Cancer or Immunology in liver transplantation – $10,000 USD
Vanguard Research Grant recognizes outstanding ILTS members who are within the first five years of a faculty position for innovative research ideas in clinical, translational and basic science areas with focus on cancer or immunology in liver transplantation.
Applications are reviewed annually by the ILTS Vanguard Research Grant Committee.
ILTS does not allow Institutional indirect costs on grants.
- Must be an ILTS member
- Must be within the first five years of a faculty position
- Must be the Primary Investigator on the submission
- The 2022 grant recipient is expected to present the results of their research one year following the award at the 2023 ILTS Annual Congress; thus, the 2023 recipient must present the results of their research at the 2024 ILTS Annual Congress.
- To be considered, candidates must upload their two page proposal and two page research specific Curriculum Vitae through the ILTS website
- Two-page proposal must contain the following information and sections: Title, Investigator’s Name, Institution, Significance (including clinical importance, scientific premise), Aims, Innovation, Future Directions
- Previous winners are not eligible
- Research publication(s) should acknowledge the funding source
- Cash prize of $10,000 USD
- Complimentary registration to the ILTS Annual Congress in the year of presentation
- Travel support not exceeding 2,500 USD in the year of presentation
- HOW? online applications
- application: deadline extended to March 31!
- the winner will be notified in April and the official announcement of the winner will be made at the annual ILTS Congress in May
- WHERE? You are in the right place! The submission forms will be available below from January 10th
The Selection Committee consists of six members total:
- President Elect
- Chair of the Basic Science Committee
- Chair of the EDI Committee
- Chair of the Education Committee
- Chair of the Vanguard Committee
- One elected Vanguard Committee member