Vanguard Committee accomplishments
Find below an overview of contributions from the ITS Vanguard Committee at ILTS Congresses over the years.
Congress Summaries Authored by the Vanguard Committee
Article of the Month podcast
Vanguard Debate Sessions
- Who should receive marginal quality liver?
- Bigger is better: High Volume vs Low Volume Centers
- ECMO as Bridge to Liver Transplantation
→2022 Special Session on ERAS
→2019 Portal Vein Thrombosis
- Pre transplant evaluation and management of a patient with diffuse PVT on the waiting list: staging, medical management, anticoagulation
- Converting untransplantable patients with chronic obliterative PVT and cavernoma to transplantability using trans-splenic portal vein recanalization TIPS
- Outcomes of LT in a recipient with diffuse PVT: True survival benefit and implications for organ allocation
- Multivisceral Transplantation for Diffuse Splanchnic Thrombosis
- Outcomes of LT in a recipient with Diffuse PVT: True Survival benefit and implications for organ allocation.
Vanguard Surgical Video Session
Vanguard Case Presentations
- Recurrent portal vein thrombosis after liver transplantation for Budd-Chiari syndrome despite aggressive anticoagulation treatment. Splanchnic Venous Thrombosis
- Cholangiopathy: Insight from Explant Liver Graft from a Child with Severe Post Operative Hypoxemia due to Hepatopulmonary Syndrome
- Systolic Anterior Motion of Mitral Valve after Reperfusion in Liver Transplantation