Vanguard Committee accomplishments
Find below an overview of contributions from the ITS Vanguard Committee at ILTS Congresses over the years.
Congress Summaries Authored by the Vanguard Committee
→ 2021 Annual Congress summary
Vanguard Debate Sessions
- Transplant Center Performance is Adequately/Not Adequately represented in 1 year Graft and Patient Survival
- SLK vs Sequential Transplant
- Who should receive marginal quality liver?
- Bigger is better: High Volume vs Low Volume Centers
- ECMO as Bridge to Liver Transplantation
→2022 Special Session on ERAS
→2022 Frailty in Liver Transplantation: Is it a Real Challenge
→2019 Portal Vein Thrombosis
- Pre transplant evaluation and management of a patient with diffuse PVT on the waiting list: staging, medical management, anticoagulation
- Converting untransplantable patients with chronic obliterative PVT and cavernoma to transplantability using trans-splenic portal vein recanalization TIPS
- Outcomes of LT in a recipient with diffuse PVT: True survival benefit and implications for organ allocation
- Multivisceral Transplantation for Diffuse Splanchnic Thrombosis
- Outcomes of LT in a recipient with Diffuse PVT: True Survival benefit and implications for organ allocation.
Vanguard Surgical Video Session
Vanguard Case Presentations
- Recurrent portal vein thrombosis after liver transplantation for Budd-Chiari syndrome despite aggressive anticoagulation treatment. Splanchnic Venous Thrombosis
- Cholangiopathy: Insight from Explant Liver Graft from a Child with Severe Post Operative Hypoxemia due to Hepatopulmonary Syndrome
- Systolic Anterior Motion of Mitral Valve after Reperfusion in Liver Transplantation