About ILTS Membership
The International Liver Transplantation Society (ILTS) is a global non-profit specialist society dedicated to education, research and international collaboration in all aspects of liver transplantation. It is comprised of physicians, scientists, nurses and allied health professionals from transplant centers all over the world. Its membership is predominantly medical and includes surgeons, hepatologists, anesthesiologists, critical care specialists, pathologists and radiologists, who may be in active practice, full-time research, or training.
ILTS hosts an international congress at varying locations between May and July each year, featuring keynote presentations, case-based learning, debates, didactic lectures, and between 600 and 800 scientific abstracts. ILTS also partners with The Transplantation Society (TTS) to produce the peer-reviewed monthly journal Transplantation, overseeing all liver-related clinical and basic science content. Page charges for ILTS members (first and senior authors) of papers accepted by Transplantation will be paid by ILTS during 2016 and 2017.
ILTS also awards annual scholarships to support the academic development of young clinicians, particularly in new programs in developing countries. It has two committees dedicated to promotion of the educational needs of trainees and younger attending/staff clinicians: the Vanguard Committee and the Scholarship Committee.
Summary of membership benefits
- Unrestricted access to all educational content (congress and meeting lectures, discussions, videos)
- Access to ILTS online directories (members, centers, training/fellowships)
- Substantial discount on registration at ILTS Annual Congress and other ILTS meetings
- Subscription to journal Transplantation (12 issues and supplements)
- Payment of page charges for Transplantation as described above
- Eligibility for ILTS travel awards and scholarships
Regular Membership ($190)
- Staff/attending physicians in developed countries
Associate Membership ($75)
- Staff/attending physicians and all others in designated middle-income countries (see list below)
- Residents, fellows and postgraduate students worldwide
- Non-clinical scientists and researchers worldwide
- Transplant nurses, coordinators and allied health professionals worldwide
All members (regular and associate) can be appointed to committee chair, council and executive positions.
Joining ILTS on ilts.org
You can join online by visiting the Join page. Please complete all fields in your profile to allow us to reach you and to ensure your journal subscription and website access are promptly activated. Your personal data is secure with us and will not be released to any commercial third parties, except to our e-newsletter publisher Multiview. Multiview is bound by contract to ensure the confidentiality and security of our members’ addresses.
Payment by card is preferred. Your card details will be retained by Stripe, a leading internet payment gateway. ILTS will not hold any card details. Payment by international bank transfer is also possible. Please contact email@example.com to arrange.
Your membership shall renew automatically each year. You shall be notified by email before payment is taken, and again when renewal is confirmed. You can opt out of renewal or discontinue your membership for a pro-rata refund at any time.
Countries of practice eligible for Associate Membership
Click here for the full list of eligible counties.