Insights – Paolo Muiesan Memorial Webinars – Challenges to implement a machine perfusion program
For ILTS members only, please join now or renew your membership.
- To present ongoing and planned clinical trials on the role of in- and ex-situ perfusion techniques in liver transplantation.
- The study design and relevant endpoints with their impact on the future routine use of this technology will be in focus.
- Experts with the use of perfusion technology discuss various challenges with clinical trials.
- Paolo Muiesan memorial webinars’ introduction – Gabriela Berlakovich
- Worldwide challenges with machine perfusion (clinical, regulatory, financial, education, cooperation…) – Andrea Schlegel
- Financial aspects and funding strategies (West) – Christopher Sonnenday
- Financial aspects and funding strategies (East) – Sonal Asthana
- Q&A moderated by Davide Ghinolfi and James Guarrera
- Closing Remarks
This webinar is supported by Bridge to Life
ILTS would like to thank Bridge to Life for their generous support for the production of this webinar. Bridge to Life has had no influence on the content, and full editorial control remains the sole responsibility of ILTS.
|Bridge to Life is a leading supplier of preservation solutions globally with a focus on innovation in organ preservation and machine perfusion. Through a strong focus on collaboration with surgeons and transplant professionals, Bridge to Life continues to explore emerging science and preservation technologies.|
MD, FEBS - Milan Policlinico, Milan, Italy
MD - Medical University of Vienna Vienna, Austria
Associate Professor, MD, PhD - Transplant Division, Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
MD, PhD - Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Vincent De Meijer
Professor of Surgery and Head of Liver Transplantation, MD, PhD - Department of Surgery, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands
Associate Professor, MD, PhD - Liver Unit, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein