2020 AASLD/ILTS Transplant Course: Optimization of Transplant Care
The program for the 2020 AASLD/ILTS Transplant Course was developed by the ILTS Education & Scholarship Committee in collaboration with AASLD leadership.
The Liver Meeting Digital Experience™ (TLMdX), AASDL
Monday – November 16, 2020
9.00 am – 3.30 pm
About the Session
Part I: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm | Audience Q&A: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Program Chairs: Kymberly Watt, Deniz Balci, James Findlay
With the continuing demand for liver transplantation and a limited organ supply, it is necessary to optimize care at all stages of the transplant continuum. At this timely, informative program, faculty will provide participants with updated information on relevant topics across the transplant process to highlight ways to provide optimal care to transplant patients at all points of their experience.
- Understand the utility of living donor liver transplant, organs with chronic viral infection, machine perfusion and social media in enhancing transplant access.
- Expand the knowledge about evolving concepts in perioperative risk management such as cirrhotic cardiomyopathy and extracorporeal organ support.
- Apply a universal approach to post-transplant long-term care involving prevention of organ damage and malignancy and infection-related travel risk.
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Session I: Enhancing Access to Transplant
- Welcome and Introductions; James Findlay
- Living Donor Liver Transplant in the Critically Ill Patients; Mark Cattral
- When to Use Grafts with Chronic Viral Infections; Marina Berenguer
- Heart – Liver Combined Transplants, Does the Patient Really Need aNew Liver? Marina Serper
- Kidney– Liver Combined Transplants, Does the Patient Really Need a New Liver? Sumeet Asrani
- Debate: How Far Can We Go with Social Media as a Source for Liver Donors?; PRO Speaker: Nazia Selzner, CON Speaker: Whitney Jackson
Session II: Peri-operative Risk Assessment and Management
- Redefining Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy and Cardiac Risk: Impact on Peri- and Early Post-Transplant Outcomes; Manhal Izzy
- Extracorporeal Organ Support in ALF and ACLF; Mitra Nadim
- Integrating Palliative Care in the Management of ESLD Patients; Puneeta Tandon
- Management of Small for Size in LDLT; Deniz Balci
Session III: The 10 Years After Transplant
- Debate: Transition Clinic from Pediatric to Adult Transplant Hepatology; PRO Speaker: Nitika Gupta, CON Speaker: Deepak Joshi
- Protecting the End-organs for the Long-haul; Lisa VanWagner
- Strategies for Malignancy Prevention in Liver Transplant Recipients; Kymberly Watt
- Infection in the Immunosuppressed Traveler; Paritosh Prasad
Audience Q&A (Live)
Scheduled in the live program for Monday, November 16 from 2 pm – 3:30 pm