2023 ILTS leadership succession – nominations / applications open!
We encourage all ILTS Members to nominate the next ILTS President-Elect and Councilors or apply for a committee member position.
As ILTS continues to evolve and grow, it requires high-calibre members whose backgrounds, skills and experience match the mission of ILTS and its current and future needs. From November 1 to December 1, we give all our members the opportunity to nominate their favorite candidates for the following openings:
- ILTS Councilor
- ILTS President-Elect
We will accept nominations until December 1, 2022.
▶ Nominate the next President-Elect:
The President-Elect shall serve a term of one year, following which they automatically succeed to the office of President. In case of the unavailability of the President, they will perform the President’s duties, representing the interests of the Society towards other societies and the general public and pursuing the goals of ILTS.
Who can you nominate?
- Nominees must be current members of the ILTS Council or have served on Council within the past five years. See the list of eligible members here.
- We ask you to consider the geographic, speciality and gender representation reflecting the ILTS membership.
▶ Nominate the next Councilor:
Service on the ILTS Council requires a significant commitment of time and talent to advance the goals and objectives of the Society* for four years. In 2023, there will be four open council positions, or five, should a Councilor be elected President-Elect.
Who can you nominate?
- Nominees must be current ILTS members.
- Members may self-nominate.
- We ask you to give due consideration to geographic, speciality and gender representation reflecting the ILTS membership.
ILTS Committees are looking for new members and trainee Members as of May 2023. Committee applications are open from November 1 to January 2 2023.
Who can apply?
- Any ILTS member can apply!
- ILTS promotes gender parity and diverse regional and specialized representation and expects the composition of its committees to reflect this commitment.
- Residents, fellows, medical students and others in full-time education can also apply to join an ILTS Committee as ILTS Trainee Members. Their term is two years, compared to three for regular Committee Members.
*More information can be found in the ILTS Bylaws (art. VIII).