Guidance from The Transplantation Society (TTS):
Surgical Infection Society Guidance:
Articles Regarding COVID-19 Clinical Presentations and Management:
Solid Organ Or Liver Transplant, Liver dysfunction:
- Fei Li, Jie Cai, Nianguo Dong, First Cases of COVID-19 in Heart Transplantation From China, Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation(2020), doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2020.03.006
- Qin, Juanjuan et al., Perioperative Presentation of COVID-19 Disease in a Liver Transplant Recipient. Hepatology. March 27, 2020
- D’Antiga, Lorenzo, Coronaviruses and Immunosuppressed Patients. The Facts during the Third Epidemic. Liver Transplantation. March 20, 2020
- Siddiqi HK, Mehra MR. COVID-19 Illness in Native and Immunosuppressed States: A Clinical-Therapeutic Staging Proposal. J Heart Lung Transpl. March, 2020.
- AlGhatrif M, et al. The Dilemma of Coronavirus Disease 2019, Aging, and Cardiovascular Disease: Insights From Cardiovascular Aging Science. JAMA. April 3, 2020
- Giudicessi JR, et al. Urgent Guidance for Navigating and Circumventing the QTc Prolonging and TorsadogenicPotential of Possible Pharmacotherapies for COVID-19. Mayo Clin. Proc. March 25, 2020.
- Shi S, Qin M, Shen B, et al. Association of Cardiac Injury With Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19 in Wuhan, China [published online ahead of print, 2020 Mar 25]. JAMA Cardiol. 2020;10.1001/jamacardio.2020.0950
- Hu H, et al. Coronovirus Fulminant Myocarditis Case Report. Eur Heart J. March 16, 2020
Therapies and Surveillance:
- Sanders JM, et al. Pharmacologic Treatments for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) A Review. JAMA. Published online April 13, 2020
- Nikolich-Zugich J, et al. SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 in older adults: what we may expect regarding pathogenesis, immune responses, and outcomes. GeroScience. Published online April 10, 2020
- Wang Y, et al. Remdesivir in adults with severe COVID-19: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial. Lancet. April 29, 2020.
- Grein J, et al. Compassionate Use of Remdesivir for Patients with Severe Covid-19. NEJM. April 10, 2020.
- Gudbjartsson DF, et al. Spread of SARS-CoV-2 in the Icelandic Population. NEJM. April 14, 2020
- Caly L, et al. The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro. Antivir Res. April 3, 2020. (preprint)
- Chen Z, et al. Efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with COVID-19: results of a randomized clinical trial. March 31, 2020
- Gautret P, et al. Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin As a Treatment of COVID-19: Results of an Open-Label Non-Randomized Clinical Trial. Int J Antimicrob Agents. March 20, 2020.
- Shen C, et al. Treatment of 5 Critically Ill Patients with COVID-19 with Convalescent Plasma. JAMA. March 27, 2020
- Chan JYK, et al. Practical Aspects of Otolaryngologic Clinical Services During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Epidemic. JAMA. March 20, 2020
- Yu J, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Transmission in Patients With Cancer. JAMA. March 25, 2020
- Zhen, L, et al. Neonatal Early-Onset Infection With SARS-CoV-2 in 33 Newborns Born to Mothers With COVID-19 in Wuhan, China. JAMA. March 26, 2020
- Liu Y, Yan L, Wan L, Xiang T, Le A, Liu J, et al. Viral dynamics in mild and severe cases of COVID-19. Lancet Infect Dis. 2020 Mar 19 [Epub ahead of print]. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(20)30232-2
- Mirco Nacoti et al., At the Epicenter of the Covid-19 Pandemic and Humanitarian Crises in Italy: Changing Perspectives on Preparation and Mitigation, NEJM Catalyst, 21 March 2020
- Schmidt Jennifer M., Seeking Evidence-Based Covid-19 Preparedness: A FEMA Framework for Clinic Management, NEJM Catalyst, 25 March 2020
Health Care Providers:
Critical Care updates:
- Davenport L. Top 10 Must-Dos in ICU in COVID-19 Include Prone Ventilation. Medscape. March 31, 2020.
- Internet Book of Critical Care (IBCC) by the EMCrit Project: https://emcrit.org/ibcc/covid19
- Grasselli G. et al. Critical Care Utilization for the COVID-19 Outbreak in Lombardy, Italy. March 13, 2020
- Alhazzani W, et al. Surviving Sepsis Campaign: Guidelines on the Management of Critically Ill Adults with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). March, 2020.
- Poston JT, et al. Management of Critically Ill Adults With COVID-19. JAMA. March 26, 2020.
- Meng L, et al. Intubation and Ventilation Amid the COVID-19 Outbreak: Wuhan’s Experience. Anesthesiology. March 26, 2020.
- Patients with COVID-19 are alone in the ICU, The New York Times
- Health system plan would deny ICU care, ventilators for some patients, Bridge Magazine
- Zack Budryk FDA to facilitate use of convalescent plasma for COVID-19, The Hill
- Hospitals try ventilator-sharing amid shortage, The New York Times
Decontamination and Disinfection:
- Canelli R, et al. Barrier Enclosure during Endotracheal Intubation. JAMA. April 3, 2020.
- Final Report for the Bioquell Hydrogen Peroxide Vapor (HPV) Decontamination for Reuse of N95 Respirators, a comprehensive pilot-scale study by a contractor of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA): https://www.fda.gov/media/136386/download
- DENNIS J. VISCUSI1, MICHAEL S. BERGMAN2, BENJAMIN C. EIMER2 and RONALD E. SHAFFER. 2009. Evaluation of Five Decontamination Methods for Filtering Facepiece Respirators. The Annals of Occupational Hygiene.
- Lindsley, W., Martin, S., Thewlis, R., Sarkisian, K., Nwoko, J., Mead, K. and Noti, J., 2015. Effects of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) on N95 Respirator Filtration Performance and Structural Integrity. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 12(8), pp.509-517.
- Lore, MB, Heimbuch, BK, Brown, TL, Wander, JD & Hinrichs, SH. 2012. ‘Effectiveness of three decontamination treatments against influenza virus applied to filtering facepiece respirators‘. Annals of Occupational Hygiene. vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 92-101. https://doi.org/10.1093/annhyg/mer054
- Welch, David & Buonanno, Manuela & Grilj, Veljko & Shuryak, Igor & Crickmore, Connor & Bigelow, Alan & Randers-Pehrson, Gerhard & Johnson, Gary & Brenner, David. 2018. Far-UVC light: A new tool to control the spread of airborne-mediated microbial diseases. Scientific Reports. 8. 10.1038/s41598-018-21058-w.
- Hindson, J. COVID-19: faecal-oral transmission? Nature Review, Gastroenterology and Hepatology. March 25, 2020