ILTS Consensus Conference: DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion
The ILTS Consensus Conference 2020 will focus on the newest research and trial results in liver machine perfusion technology and DCD liver.
ILTS Consensus Conference on DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion:
January 31, 2020
San Servolo Residential and Study Centre
Isola di San Servolo n. 1
30124 Venice, Italy
DCD Liver Transplantation
08.30-08.50 Donor warm ischemia time (DWIT)
08.50-09.10 Donor and recipient selection in DCD
09.10-09.30 Early allograft dysfunction and Complications
09.30-09.50 Predicting outcomes and graft assessment in DCD
09.50-10.10 Regulations and procurement surgery in DCD
Machine Perfusion and clinical trial session
10.30-11.00 Overview of machine liver perfusion technology, which grafts require machine perfusion?
11.00-11.20 Normothermic regional perfusion
11.20-11.40 Hypothermic machine perfusion
11.40-12.00 Normothermic machine perfusion
12.00-12.20 Special Considerations and Pitfalls in Clinical Trials using Machine Perfusion
13.45-16.15 Afternoon Working Groups
DCD Liver Transplantation
Working Group 1: Donor warm ischemia time (DWIT)
1) Definition of functional WIT, importance of hepatectomy time
2) Importance of SpO2, SBP and MAP
3) Acceptable tresholds for DWIT
Working Group 2: Donor and recipient selection and risk prediction in DCD
1) Should there be a threshold for donor age, donor BMI and cold ischemia time?
2) Should there be a threshold for recipient age, BMI and MELD?
3) Should we use DCD livers for any recipient disease and condition?
Working Group 3: Early allograft dysfunction and Complications
1) How accurate is the current EAD definition and development of new models ?
2) What is an acceptable complication rate after DCD liver transplantation?
3) What are potential strategies to reduce complication rates?
4) Should post-transplantation cholangiographic imaging be performed on protocol or PRN basis?
Working Group 4: Regulations and procurement surgery in DCD
1) What is the impact of ethical regulations on DCD liver donation and procurement in different countries?
2) What is the standard liver retrieval technique today and what are relevant technical considerations?
3) Options for NRP
4) DCD after euthanasia
Working Group 5: Role and types of machine perfusion
1) What are the most relevant perfusion devices and techniques, currently explored?
2) What is the clinical evidence of different perfusion techniques in DCD liver transplantation?
3) What are relevant markers used for viability testing during machine perfusion?
Working Group 6: Clinical trial design
1) Which preservation techniques should be compared in the next randomized trials?
2) What are clinically relevant trial endpoints?
3) Which grafts should be included?
16.30-18.30 Working group presentations with summarizing statements
18.30 – 19.00 Consensus Summary
The program is organized by the ILTS Special Interest Group for DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW!
Reservation hotline: + 39 041 2765001
Stay up-to-date about all ILTS events and receive a monthly overview of the latest on liver transplantation:San Servolo Residential and Study Centre