Vanguard Award (Early-Career)
- for Clinical Research – $500 USD
- for Basic Science Research – $500 USD
Vanguard Awards recognize outstanding ILTS members within five years of training and 42 years or younger for the best papers (clinical or basic science research) published in any peer-reviewed journal during the previous calendar year. Awards for 2024 will thus recognize young members for publications from January 2023 through December 2023.
Applications are reviewed annually by the ILTS Vanguard Committee.
- Candidate must be within five years of training* and 42 years or younger
- Nominations must be submitted through the ILTS website
- At least one nomination from another ILTS member is required to apply
- Both nominator and candidate must be ILTS members in good standing
- Previous Vanguard Award winners are not eligible
- Vice-chairs and chairs of the Vanguard Committee are not eligible during their term of office
*based on initial training, excluding subsequent on-the-job training
- Once nominated, candidate must upload their application online through a link provided by the ILTS Secretariat
- To be considered, candidate must upload their manuscript to the application
- Paper must be published from January through December 2023 in any peer-reviewed journal, and have a Pubmed citation
- Candidate must be the first, last, or corresponding author of the paper
- Cash prize of $500 USD
- Complimentary registration to the ILTS Annual Congress of the year, including to the Vanguard Reception
- Online nominations & applications
- step 1: Nominations can be submitted from November 20, 2023 to January 15, 2024
- step 2: Application window closes January 22, 2024
- Announcement of winners: March, 2024
- You are in the right place! The nomination form will be available below from November 15. Candidates will receive a link via email to submit an online application once they have been nominated.