Infectious Diseases and Liver Transplantation
LATEST NEWS ON THIS SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP:
The Infectious Diseases and Liver Transplantation Special Interest Group aims to establish the current landscape in the field.
- Identify the current and the emerging issues in infectious disease and liver donation/transplantation.
- Summarize current literature on each topic and present the expert opinion.
- Identify gaps in the current knowledge and needed research.Promote research and education:
- Coordinate the potential international and interdisciplinary collaborations on the new research topics with individuals as well as organizations.
- Attract new membership to the discussion.
- Organize consensus groups and publish the recommendations on the topics in infectious disease and liver transplantation.
- Propose hot topics for the annual ILTS meetings.
Steering Committee members:
- Varvara Kirchner, MD – Topic Co-ordinator
- Timothy Pruett, MD – Topic Co-ordinator
- Marina Berenguer, MD
- Christine Durand, MD
- Geoffrey McCaughan, MD
- Gi-Won Song, MD
- Norah Terrault, MD
- SIG co-coordinator and principal nominees will select three initial sub-topics of interest that will be summarized in the discussion forum. The link to the selected topics will also be included in the ILTS membership email.
- The ILTS members will be able to post comments or questions regarding the selected topics within a forum.
- The ILTS members will have access to the separate sections within a forum:
- To propose and form collaborations;
- To propose new major topics for the discussion;
- To post questions of interest regarding other topics in infectious disease and liver transplantation;
- Access to other online resources on infectious disease and liver transplantation (e.g., Disease Transmission Advisory Committee, Notify Library – The Global Vigilance and Surveillance Database).
- SIG committee (co-coordinator and principal nominees) will communicate via email and during the ILTS annual meetings for strategic planning. The ILTS Vanguard members will be responsible for timely maintenance of the topics on the forum and communication with the SIG committee.