DCD, Liver Preservation and Machine Perfusion
The DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion Special Interest Group was created with the aim of helping to coordinate activities related to donation after circulatory death, in situ regional perfusion, and ex situ machine perfusion within the ILTS. The current Topic Coordinators and Steering Committee are all liver transplant professionals with extensive prior experience in one or all of these fields:
Amelia J. Hessheimer, Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, Spain
Marit Kalisvaart, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Steering Committee Members:
Federica Dondero Pozzo, Hôpital Beaujon, Paris, France
Philipp Dutkowski, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Constantino Fondevila, Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, Spain
Paulo Martins, University of Massachusetts, USA
Paolo Muiesan, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Wojciech Polak, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Robert Porte, University Medical Center, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cristiano Quintini, Cleveland Clinic, USA
Group activities will include:
- In collaboration with the European Liver and Intestine Transplant Association (ELITA), developing joint ILTS-ELITA consensus statements and clinical guidelines on DCD liver transplantation and the application of ex situmachine perfusion.
- Developing an on-line learning curriculum that may be accessed by all members of the ILTS.
- Facilitating international collaboration among centers involved in machine perfusion and DCD liver transplantation and organizing multicenter clinical research trials.
- Proposing topics and speakers for the ILTS Annual Congress as well as other subspeciality meetings.
- Reviewing and selecting abstracts to be presented at the Annual Congress.
The DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion Special Interest Group is open to any ILTS member, and we encourage all members with special interest in one or all of these exciting and rapidly advancing fields to join.