DCD, Liver Preservation and Machine Perfusion
The DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion Special Interest Group helps coordinate activities related to donation after circulatory death, in situ regional perfusion, and ex-situ machine perfusion within the ILTS.
Steering Committee members
The current Topic Coordinators and Steering Committee are all liver transplant professionals with extensive prior experience in one or all of these fields.
- Gabriela Berlakovich , Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria – Topic Coordinator
- Andrea Schlegel , Milan Policlinico, Milan, Italy – Topic Coordinator
- Nazia Selzner, University of Toronto, Canada – Affiliated Councilor
- Marit Kalisvaart , University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- Davide Ghinolfi , University of Pisa Medical School Hospital, Pisa, Italy
- Femke de Goeij , Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Hynek Mergental , Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Paulo Martins , University of Massachusetts, USA
- Vincent de Meijer , University Medical Center, Groningen, the Netherlands
- Yuri Boteon , Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, São Paulo, Brazil
- Carlo Pulitano , Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
SIG Aims and Proposed Activities
- In collaboration with the European Liver and Intestine Transplant Association (ELITA), developing joint ILTS-ELITA consensus statements and clinical guidelines on DCD liver transplantation and the application of ex-situ machine perfusion.
- Developing an online learning curriculum that may be accessed by all members of the ILTS.
- Facilitating international collaboration among centers involved in machine perfusion and DCD liver transplantation and organizing multicenter clinical research trials.
- Proposing topics and speakers for the ILTS Annual Congress as well as other subspecialty meetings.
- Reviewing and selecting abstracts to be presented at the Annual Congress.
The DCD, Liver Preservation & Machine Perfusion Special Interest Group is open to any ILTS member, and we encourage all members with special interest in one or all of these exciting and rapidly advancing fields to join.
The SIG has gathered all ILTS educational content related to DCD, liver preservation, machine perfusion in one place! Use this platform without moderation:
How to join
Members can join by selecting one or more SIGs from their profile page on this website: click on your name, your profile and add a SIG group.