Liver Transplant Immunology
The Liver Transplant Immunology Special Interest Group was created with the aim of a better understanding of different aspects of immunology in the liver transplantation setting, focusing on several topics such as transplant tolerance, rejection, immunosuppression strategies, novel immunotherapy approach, immune-monitoring, possible use of cancer immunotherapy in liver transplant patients. The final aim is to improve the management and outcomes of liver transplanted recipients.
Steering Committee members
The current Topic Coordinators and Steering Committees are all liver transplant professionals or immunologists with extensive prior experience in one or all of these fields.
- Eleonora De Martin, Centre Hépato-Biliaire, Paul Brousse Hospital, Villejuif, France – Topic Coordinator
- Geoffrey W. McCaughan, Sydney, Australia – Topic Coordinator
- Gabriela Berlakovich, Medical University of Vienna, Austria – Affiliated Councilor
- Anthony Demetris, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Juliet Emamaullée, Los Angeles, USA
- Maria-Carlota Londoño, Barcelona, Spain
- Jacqueline O’Leary, Dallas, TX, USA
- Alberto Sanchez-Fueyo, London, UK
- Elizabeth Verna, New York, USA
SIG Aims and Proposed Activities
The Liver Transplant Immunology Special Interest Group is open to any member of the ILTS, and we encourage all members with special interest in one or all of these exciting and rapidly advancing fields to join.
The Liver Transplant Immunology Special Interest Group has just opened its Twitter account! Follow @IltsImmunology for regular updates from the SIG, and a selection of publications related to liver transplantation and immunology.
- Promoting multicenter studies on the SIG main topics: clinical trials, basic science studies as well as basic/translational studies based on international collaborations
- Developing educational programs, providing on-line educational materials on the ILTS website, organizing short dedicated courses within the ILTS Annual Congress, facilitating networking opportunities for fellowships and visiting scholar
- Organizing multidisciplinary dedicated meetings
- Proposing topics and speakers on transplant immunology for the ILTS Annual Congress
- Reviewing and selecting abstracts on immunology topics to be presented at the Annual Congress
- Educational Material
The SIG has gathered all ILTS educational content related to liver transplant immunology in one place! And this includes a dedicated SIG newsletter by the Steering Committee members. Use this platform without moderation:
How to join
Members can join by selecting one or more SIGs from their profile page on this website: click on your name, your profile and add a SIG group.